1. Romanticise your city. Images you see on Instagram? That’s the visual editing result of the imagination of the person who took the pictures. You can do it too by simply editing your photos to the tone of your imagination. Or you could always (watch my video on how to edit Instagram photos #seewhatididthere haha)
2. Leave your city and live abroad. I lived in Paris and as beautiful as the city was, there were so many things that opened my eyes to realise how great Australia has it. Don’t get me started on French administration and dealing with public servants.
3. Explore your city like tourists would and see your city from their perspectives. You’ll be surprised by beauties that you may have missed even though you see it so frequently.
4. Enjoy little pleasures of everyday just like you would when you’re on holidays. I’m happy to enjoy coffee or tea in the mornings on my own just beside a vase of fresh flowers.
5. When you see your friends, do things that would be enjoyable for each of you.
6. Wake up at sunrise and see that light. Oh this is my absolute favourite. I don’t live at all close to the beach but very few things could make me happier than to drive along a sleepy Sydney and stroll along the beach at sunrise. When morning isn’t an option, I try to go during sunset. On this note, the photos above are what they looked like straight out of the camera. Worth waking up at dawn.
7. Go to a cosy café, new or your favourite, enjoy your food and people watch. (While you pretend to read a book and have your laptop with you, otherwise you risk looking like a stalker)
8. Practice gratitude. Remind yourself someone out there wishes to live where you do. Explore your city to find out why.